We went to a cocao farm in Kona and got to see the process of growing and making chocolate. see the little geko in the picure... he likes chocolate too!
Towel monkey, one of many towl friends we found in our room every night.
The only black sand beach in Hawaii, it was in Hilo, and it was so beautiful. it sparkeled in the sun and the contrast between the amazing blue of the ocean and the black of the sand was just awsome.
The best sushi we have ever tasted in our entire lives! it was so fresh. like it was just caught moments before we ordered it. This amazing sushi was found in Kona in a tiny kinda dumpy restaurant. we had low expectations but were very pleasantly surprised.
My favorite beach in Oahu. we didnt really enjoy Oahu that much especially honolulu and waikiki, once we escaped the city we found little gems like this one. calle Kailua beach. 
A beautiful beach in Kauai
luau dinner we had teryaki steak pulled pork fish some salads and lots of other things and pina coladas and mai taes
sunset at the luau,

Parasailing

Parasailing
Volcano in Hilo, the ship circled by an active volcano, unfortunately the picture does not do justice to what we actually saw. we could see thick rivers of lava flowing down the mountain into the ocean and huge billows of steam coming up out of the ocean it was an amazing site.
Spinner dolphins. they were everywhere in Maui. They jump out of the sea and spin and they followed the boat that we took to go snorkeling. 
Dan and I in Maui
up in the air, It took some convincing but Dan has always been a good salesman. and before I knew it I was flying in the air. It was a lot of fun and I am glad I tried it.
I have been neglecting my blog. so now i have a couple of months and important milestones to catch up on.
Does this look like a face wrought with worry and anxiety?
Why is she so worried anyways?
could it be because it is her first day of KINDERGARDEN???
And that worried face was just an act, this is how she really looked on her first day of kindergarden. I see excitment and confidence that she is about to start somthing very fun. and she has been having alot of fun.
she comes home with all sorts of information and fun songs. she is even teaching me sign language. I love seeing her so excited. she is also doing ballet again this year. I have no pictures of her in her ballet outfit yet though.

Dahlia also had a birthday, she actually got two birthdays since we celebrated her birthday early this year. Dan and I took a little vacation that just happend to be over her birthday, so I made her a fairy cupcake tree. she was quite thrilled with it. and i was pretty impressed witht he way it turned out as well. rarely does one of my creations turn out how I had envisioned and this year it did.
Dahlia also had a birthday, she actually got two birthdays since we celebrated her birthday early this year. Dan and I took a little vacation that just happend to be over her birthday, so I made her a fairy cupcake tree. she was quite thrilled with it. and i was pretty impressed witht he way it turned out as well. rarely does one of my creations turn out how I had envisioned and this year it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment