Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Phew, Just one!

On Monday I had an ultra sound. Dan has been teasing me that were having twins so we finally proved to him once and for all that there is just one baby in there! I am quite relieved. 3 babies under 2 would be a little overwhelming.
these are the pictures from my ultra sound... the top one didnt quit scan the way i wanted it too... and i cant figure out how to get rid of all that extra space...owell if you click on it then you can see a bigger version. It is kind of hard to tell what your are looking at but i think its pretty neat... we could see the baby moving its jaw and it was licking its hands or sucking on them... the ultrasound tech said she doesnt usually see them do that this early... my babies are always hungry and they figure out how to suck there hands early, Dahlia did that too. apparently it was even licking the placenta or the amblical cord, that was wierd, you can see how close its face is to something on the top picture. It was also moving around alot and jumping, quite active. I have felt a few little movements already.
we are still trying to think of a name to call this little one. Dahlia was "spud".
but we just cant come up with a good one for this baby, if you have any ideas feel free to comment.





7 comments:

Julie said...

That's so cool to see pictures already. Was your ultrasound early? I thought they did them around 20 weeks. Sorry I can't think of any craetive names right now. I think I might stay away from saskwatch. The kid might not like finding out that was its nickname, especially if its a girl! I heard of someone the other day who calls their baby peanut... Anyway, looks like another cute Keeley on the way! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Ok is Snok-ums better?

Anonymous said...

How about Peanut? Or Big-Bubba (bubba for short!) haha

~Jenn

dandy said...

I think i agree with Julie and Jenn I kinda like peanut its cute.
Ya it was an early ultrasound just to confirm dates. I have another one close to christmas. hopefully its the last one... I hate that have to pee feeling!

Julie said...

Any new news on the dates?

dandy said...

The dates are actually still the same... well one day later april 28th so my dr. is still going with the 27th as the due date.

Jen S. said...

Mandy, you are pregnant?! congrats!! I haven't been to your blog for a bit... Alexa spilled the beans to me.
Too fun! so your kids will be 18 months apart? Awesome, good for you!
congrats again!