Saturday, October 06, 2007

happy 4years

You may not think getting a kitchen appliance as an anniversary present is very romantic, but i think its one of the sweetest things, I have always wanted a tangerine kitchen aid. when my cheapo mixer broke when i was making royal icing for easter cookies I was a bit sad...but kinda happy too cuz i knew this day would come. Oh my pretty kitchen mixer how I love it so! And I love my husband too! not just because he got me the mixer though.
On the 4th we celebrated 4 years of marital bliss, sure maybe not every moment has been blissful, we have had our share of trials and growing pains but we always come out of them stronger and closer. I love spending time with Dan, he has been busy with work and that is a good thing but I have been missing him a lot lately too. We went on a nice date while grandma and granpa babysat. Now that Nathan is eating some solids we could be out a little longer. So we went to Bellingham hoping to find a Red lobster but the closest one is lynwood and that was a bit far. owell no redlobster but we went to the olive garden instead. it was kind of yummy... pasta is no big deal to me. Dan enjoyed it though. and then we went shopping and found the lovely kitchen aid mixer on sale!!! what a great sale and since our dollar is pretty much on par with theirs, it truely was a great deal.
and we just has such a fun time being together. I am looking forward to spending many many many more years with my sweet man.

Heres a little video of nathan jumping i thought he looked pretty cute bouncing away... and i wanted to try out this video thingy and see how it works.




6 comments:

Bekah said...

Congrats on you rnew arrival! enjoy!

Angela said...

Happy 4 years, Mandy! I'm so happy for you and Dan - you make such a great couple. And yes, it was my birthday, but don't worry about remembering it - - I mean, geez! It's probably hard enough to remember your own families birthdays! Anyways, thanks for your comments. . . I'm sure that one day I may have a husband and children . . . my mom had me when she was 38, and I may follow suit - who knows??!

Mandy said...

I love that picture of you & your new "baby"!! Happy 4th anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel about the wonderful mixer ~ I got one this year too . . . only for my birthday! You know you've been married for awhile when you are truly happy to receive household appliances as gifts :) Gone are the days of lingere, and chocolates ~ here are the days of practicality!!

Anonymous said...

Very beutiful picture of your new mighty mix-master
My sister has had one for ages and absolutely loves it.. its like having an extra set of hands when baking..
But yours is orange! I love it! I actually was looking at Belis Fair and saw one mighty close to the orange one that is in your loving arms.. and was this close to buying it... (imagine me holding my fingers very close together) but I knew I was in the market for a new computer cause my old one bit it and was holding on by a thread..
Glad one of us could have such a beutiful mixer.
Congratultions on 4 years too! that kind flew by!!!
xox shonee

Mandy said...

I like your new kitchen aid mixer... but not *that* much!! Need... new... pictures.... !! Or else I might turn orange with envy!!