Monday, November 19, 2007

God of the Impossible

Our little Nathan is 7 months old now, His dedication was on Nov. 11th aside from Dahlia deciding to entertain everyone and run around the front of the church and up and down the aisles it all went very well.... that and Nathan is teething and has a cold so he was drooling and snot was running down his face and he managed to grab Pastor Chris' ear with his slimy little hand....kids!
Why do we dedicate our children? Because it is our public stand that we are choosing to raise our children to be Christian that we will teach them about God and Jesus and that we want to be held accountable by our church family to do that. Somtimes I feel like its a tough job to do. there are so many things in this world that are against everything that we stand for Loving and following the Lord is not something that is always considered acceptable in the eyes of the public. And it is hard for kids who just want to fit in at school with all the other to take a stand for what they truely believe is right. I hope that Dan and I can instill enough confidence and strength of character in our children that they can withstand the pressures that they will be up against. That is my prayer!
On the sunday that Nathan was dedicated our pastor included our frightening pregnancy experiance in his sermon. we didnt know he was going to do that and it really caught me off gaurd. I imediately went back to that day when we were told there wasn't much hope...we would either have a still born or a baby that would die shortly after birth. or a problem with the placenta and they would take him out as soon as they could and we would have a sick little premie. we were so overwhelmed and so devastated. When I think of how God has healed our son and allowed us to have such a sweet healthy happy little boy I feel so many emotions and I feel very humbled, humbled and in a way singled out. somtimes I feel like one of the billions of people in this world, and why would my crisis be noticed when there are so many people praying for miracles. I am so greatful though and I do look at Nathan differently than I would had I not gone through the possibility of loosing him. I feel strongly that there is a special purpose for Nathan, God will use him in amazing ways....



But in the mean time we sure are enjoying having a little boy! Dan has a reason to buy all sorts of model VW's "its for Nate!" yeah sure :0) I love this picture of the men bonding Dan is showing Nate his newest model Vw bug, hope you like cars when your older!

4 comments:

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

Love the father-son picture on the bottom. Nathan is going to *have* to like cars, it seems. :)
-de

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there is much in store for your little guy! He is a miracle for a reason :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

You're doing great! Keep up the good work. And be encouraged that the Lord is still in control. He has proven that you you in the miracle of Nathan's birth.

Romans 8:26-39

Demara said...

OH wow Mandy, that's quite the dedication! I know I remember that too...the praying that Nate would be alright, and now look at him. As strong as ever! That's so great.