Friday, July 13, 2007

soooo hot!

Its been so hot this week, wednesday was just about unbearable. I normally love hot sunny weather but that was a bit extreme! when the candles in my house melt cuz its so freakin' hot then i think i can complain. This kids didnt seem to notice though Dahlia was happier than a clam she played in the little pool we bought for her the day before Im glad we bought it, it was an impulse buy because tuesday was already pretty hot. my babies both were wearing orange the other day...i didnt plan it, it just worked out that way. but they were being so cute Dahlia wanted to hold Nathan so i managed to get this picture.
Some guys just know how to get into the whole looking cool in the summer thing Dan used to have a hawaiian shirt that looked similar to this I wish he still had it then they would match. Oh well Nathan would probably be embarassed when he gets older and sees how I always try to match his clothes with his daddy's.

Here we are seeking refuge from the scorching sun....Dahlia is such a water baby she wanted to be in that pool all day. We had a few temper tantrums when she had to get out for lunch and dinner.
It was soooo hot that Nate slept in a suitcase in our room for the night. yes a suitcase... I tried a laundry basket but he was too long for it. but he fit quite nicely in our suitcase. Our room has the only air condtioning unit and it wont cool the rest of the house so we spent a lot of time in our room just hanging out but he has been sleeping really well this week the 2 nights he spent in our room he slept almost 9 hours ! last night it was cool enough to sleep in his own room and he did the best he has ever done! from about 10pm to 7 am i was so impressed and i feel so refreshed today. I dont know if he will continue to sleep that well it sure would be nice. but i wont get my hopes up, I have learned from experiance these good sleeping days dont last. well thats all for now hope you all are staying cool.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I love the hawaiian shirt:) Thanks for sharing these pictures! We have been hanging out in our pool a lot too! We'll have to have you over to hang out in our pool with us! What are you up to tomorrow? Your avon is here too:) I'll call you in the morning.

Demara said...

I'm cool!

Haha that was awesome that you bought that pool just in time! And it looks like it's getting a lot of use, so it wasn't a waste after all. That's great!

I love the suitcase bed! LOL

Bill & Louise said...

I love the pic of Keeley & Dahlia in the insy teensy pool! That's so fun!

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

we have a little splashing pool too, though just one of the hard plastic kind as the neighbourhood cats ruined our nice spacious blow up pool with their nasty little claws within a week of setting it up.

looks like you're all cooling down very nicely over there. i like the patio art too. and the (empty) bottle of corona. and the well placed rake.

i felt badly for the kids a couple of nights there, but they do have their rooms on the cool side of the house. if i keep their doors closed in the afternoon and early evening, its usually not too stifling in there. we have a/c in our room and i guess we could let them in there if it gets too bad.

this is a very long comment. i should stop rambling and go to bed. my anti-ramble defenses are being broken down by the early morning approaching.

-de

Mandy said...

Hey Mandy, just thought I'd let you know that you can easily "steal" pictures off of my blog by clicking on them & saving them. Just ask Denise how easy it is:)