Monday, April 14, 2008

short romantic get away

Last week dan and I took a mid-week romantic holiday. We left the kids at home and grandma and grandpa came over for two days. I think the kids like them better than us! Its tradition for us to find a place that has a big bathtub, this one was not as big as last years but adequate we could still watch tv from the tub.
We stayed in a lovely little inn in anaccortes it was great except that the over zealous maids who spoke very little english, packed up our stuff while we were out and brought it all to the front desk.... when we came back from a tiring day of shopping we found our room spic and span and completely empty of our personal belongings...hmmmm what to do. we went to the front desk and found out what happend, we got a little bit of money off of our second night there but we were still not too impressed.
I dont know why but i just cant help myself, when i am at the beach I MUST flip over the rocks cuz i just love these little critters when i was a kid I would collect them in my beach bucket and take them home for pets.... I left this one at the beach though. Dan wouldn't touch them though.
This was our view as we walked along the beach... I just love the ocean!
Here are some more easter pics, my most famous sugar cookies... they are extremely coveted at my family gathering , My sister Vanessa is especially partial to these cookies and was not too impressed when Dan told her she couldnt have any.
Dahlias' easter basket I didnt put any chocolates or sweets in it but she didnt notice she liked all her other treats and i got her some fresh blueberrys for breakfast those are her favorite.
Its hard to tell what Nate is thinking Im not sure if he liked his basket or not. I think he did.
The kids has spaggetti one night they both got pretty messy they looked pretty funny.
Speaking of funny... I dont know why he is laughing but I love that face! he is going to be a one year old soon! Nate isnt walking yet but he sure wants to. he is pulling himself up on furniture and i found out the other day that he can also climb stairs! He says a few words too. he can say uh ho! and mama and dada
and he loves to click his tongue and smack his hand over his mouth and say babhahbhbhbhaa... he also loves blueberries just like Dahlia, he is very independant already he preferres to feed himself. and he doesnt like mushy sticky things. Nate and his daddy share a severe dislike for bananas he even makes a gagging sound when i try to give him a bite. I just love this little guy so much, I cant believe how fast he is growing!

1 comment:

Julie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That's crazy about the over zealous maids! I have never heard of that. Love the tub though. Gotta find me one of them! Very nice looking cookies. They look like they must have been good.