A good friend reminded me that it has been a while since I blogged...true. Its just been a busy month and quite honestly the picture taking has been lagging. all the fun stuff we have done...I have either forgotten the camera or forgotten to use it! or the camera has been at Dans office. so here is an update of what we have been up to. WE got a new car! I call it the "orange baby" its cute i like the way it looks and the seats are comfortable... right now thats the nicest thing I can say about it.this car was soposed to save us money. so far it has been costing us so I have been a little mad at it. That and Dans attention seems to be quite focused on the car and im feeling a little second fiddle these days. I know the novelty of the car will wear off soon and I will have my mans full attention back again.
Dan would want me to talk about all the fun features this car has.... it has a few tv's in it... yes our kids can be entertained while we drive. how fun! and it has a very loud stereo.... very very loud.... I think im getting old cuz i fail to see why that is so important.... and it has air ride... which so far i have found to just be embarassing. Dont get me wrong though I do like the car.
Canada day, we went to the parade by the time the parade started i forgot to take pictures. Dahlia picked clover flowers while she waited for it to start and Nate he was so patient and was very quiet throught the whole parade. Dahlia was not impressed by the clowns they scared her. but she loved the horses and all the people dancing and she really enjoyed all the free candy and other treats we got.
I took the kids strawberry picking. Dahlia seemed so disapointed that she only got to pick 3 strawberries off our own plants, those evil squirrels stole all the rest.we had a good time it was hot and already near the end of the season for strawberries but we got two icecream pails full. Dahlia did a really good job of picking the good berries. a few green ones and mushy ones got in there too .
I ended up making jam with most of them. It was my first time ever, and i was nervous that it wouldnt turn out. but it did and its yummy!
The kids loved the fresh local strawberries... they taste so much better than those californian ones. Nathan wont eat them but these ones he couldnt get enough of!
as you can see in the pictures... I love the one where Dahlia has a sassy "im not going to share" look on her face... and then my sneaky little guy makes a quick grab for a strawberry.

nooooo its MINE!!!!
I took a few pictures today just for fun....the kids were being particulary goofy today.
they were doing a good job sharing they really enjoy playing with the new blocks great grandma K bought for them.
Okay so maybe they werent sharing the whole time.Nathan started walking a couple of days ago. I was so excited because he has been so close to doing it for quite a while... he would take a couple of steps and sit down and crawl.... but now he can shakily walk accross a room. he is still very wobbley and he prefers to crawl since he can get around pretty fast. but its good to see him trying.
5 comments:
Thanks for the update. Yay for Nathan, walking all the way across the room. I am so ready for Kiera to walk!! Life is just not fair until they can walk.
Ha, ha... those nasty squirrels! Perhaps you should get a huge pool. I heard a hilarious story from a lady today... they had a squirrel fall into their 4ft deep pool and nearly drown. Maybe getting a pool could help eliminate some of your squirrel problems!! :o)
Thanks for the update...
Dan and his love of cars, I guess people don't change much with time. The car looks cool though.
Oh, your kids are cute.
the new car looks pretty fun...i guess i'm totally out of the loop but i have no idea what air ride is...ha ha!
way to go on the jam making mandy!
sounds like you guys are enjoying your summer! man those kids are growing up fast!
Loud stereos are good for drowning out road noise,,,,,and wives.
Love you babe, it has been a fun week.
Post a Comment