We took a trip to Alberta, Just me and Dan. We drove our little orange beast. I have had a hard time making friends with that car, Dan thought taking it on a road trip might help me like it more. I dont mind it. :)
anyways....
This is at the West Edmonton Mall, we went to the mall especially for me, and Dan was so sweet. He shopped with me from opening to closing time. that was 11 hours in a mall.... that was about 9 more hours than dan has ever spent in a mall at one time! He didnt complain once . we did do some fun things for him, like in this picture...I cant remember what these things were called but he enjoyed trying one out. they're cool because they dont require balance to ride one and you just lean towards the way you want to go to make it go that way. We also caught a movie while we were there. we were both tired and needed to sit for a while.and when we were done shopping our brains out we went back to our hotel, and soaked our weary bones in the hot tub.
these pictures were taken on our way home... going through Jasper national park. it was a nice drive. beautiful mountains and scenery. and it was a great day until we got to BC and it started to rain...typical. 
This is Airdrie... about 20 min. from Calgary. we stayed there a few days to visit some friends.
These are our friends Gary and Mallory, I just met Mallory for the first time last week. We had a great time getting to know eachother. And those two make such a sweet couple! Dan and Gary go back a few years When Dan spent some time in Saskachewan....(time working...not jail ) hahaha.... but they both left sask. for some very good reasons, too frikin' cold and most importantly their future wives were waiting for them else where.
This was a menu we found in our hotel room.... Dan and I thought it was hilarious, i dont know if you will be able to read it on your screen but if you can, hope you get a chuckle out of it.So that was our trip to alberta, Lots of driving and lots of fun. it was nice for Dan and I to have some time together, we missed our kids like crazy but they were in good hands! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa and Nana and aunti Nessa, and aunti Kayla for taking such good care of the kids and making the week so fun for them. I dont think they missed us much. We found it especially hilarious when we called home to see how they were doing, talking to Dahlia we said to her "are you going to the lake with grandma and grandpa?" she says " OH that will be fun! gotta go bye!"
It seems like in a week our kids have grown up a little more, Nathan walks really well now. he was still mostly crawling when we left. now im so shocked by how much he walks. he just seems older. and bigger.
my next post I will put some pictures of the kids up.
5 comments:
looks like a nice getaway for the two of you. look at that menu eh? Hope you didnt get the tuesday special. and dan... socks with sandals? oh well, you make up for it by being sweet to your wifey and shopping with her all day without complaint. :)
-de
honey, i rode a segway.
and socks with sandals....for 10 hrs of driving you don't wanna smell my stinky horse feet.
oh my goodness I totally didnt realize he was wearing socks with sandals...sneaky!
Sounds like a really nice trip.
It's so easy to spend a ton of time in West Edmonton Mall and not even realize it. It really doesn't even feel like a mall to me. It's too big.
Hey Mandy, I've been here a few times and meandered through your posts. I guess I should comment & let you know that I've been here! :o) I enjoyed getting to see your pictures of your getaway. So, in hind sight, are you glad you went?
Post a Comment