so the very next day, dan went out and got some paint.... then I went out and got some paint haha.... okay well he got the primer, I got the paint. I meant to get a neutral colour, but i just cant. I dont do neutral. I tried though really.
so this is the before... dan was cleaning the ceiling cuz it was gross. we bought some kilz and painted the whole bathroom in it, just to make sure no mildew or mold would ever come back. Oh and I forgot to post a picture but I took one of what happens when people paint latex over oil, DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!! we started peeling paint off as if it was wall paper...and once you start you gotta do the whole wall. that sucked!
Ugly urine yellow paint...bye bye!
Here is Dan cleaning the ceiling, being tall is so handy
Ahhh calm and cool blue...like I said I meant to go neutral, more like a lighter grey blue...but every colour chip i looked at it reminded me more of a country blue, and I just didnt want to go there. it still has a hint of grey in it but you have to see it in real life to notice.
And there you have it... its not quite finnished there are still a few more details that need to be done. but its better than it was. and we decided not go for the other house and just stay here a while longer and renovate oh what fun! at least if we take the time to pretty up this house we wont have to go into a panick the next time we find our perfect house.
7 comments:
LOVE the blue -- very good choice. We have done the whole paint-latex-over-oil thing. not fun. arg!
-de
Looks great! What is your next project?
-Carolyn-
It looks so good! I really like the brown towel with the blue walls. Yeah what's next?
I love the color. I will have to come over and look at it in person!! :o)
So is that the "final" decision? You're staying put? It's fun dreaming together, isn't it?
Just wanted to tell you that Kiera has learned to say Dahlia from seeing her picture on the fridge and it has become her favourite word. She says it constantly! I heard her at 4 in the morning last night saying "DAYA!"
Looks like country blue from here. Very country. LIke 'JR Country 107'country. Serious 'no country for old men' country. I just cant believe how 'Country Music Television' country blue that is. I can't accept just how country blue and neutral it seems. You just couldn't find a more country blue than the country blue you just used. You could try a thousand different shades of blue and you would never get as country blue as your bathroom. Like wow. Country blue...
Post a Comment