Rainbows are pretty cool. Love them especially after all the rain we have been getting lately. Its a reminder from God saying there might be a lot of rain but Ipromise I wont flood the earth again. A Rainbow is a symbol from God and I think it is neat how He still reminds us of his power.
Dan took Dahlia camping last week. They went with Jason and Hannah, and with Brian and Brianna, Alyssa, Matthew and Katie. All Dads and kids...NO moms!this was dans first experiance at being solely responsible for Dahlia. and I think it was a little more difficult than he though. They did have a good time, good memories and plenty of bonding though and I am glad for their experiance.
I did come up and visit a couple of times... the first night Dan forgot his airbed and the meat for dinner so I brought up the things they needed. and I was happy for an excuse to see how things were going. Dahlia was on cloud 9 playing outside all day with friends and hanging out with her dad. no nap... could things possibly get any better..... nope! this picture was taken on the second night when Julie and I came up for dinner. as soon as Dahlia saw me she said "Mommy I want to go Hooooommme!" I guess she inherited my distaste for camping. I dont do well sleeping in a tent being dirty and outside all day. not my thing. and apparently not hers either.
This was the tent city they set up. it was nice. until it started raining. and the tarp was so weighed down with water we could not stand up straight under it.Julie and I opted to take our girls home instead of making them sleep in a tent in the rain all night. which turned out to be a good thing since shortly after we left Jasons tent flooded and Dan woke up with a river under him. that would have been a tragic night if the girls were there too. I bet by 2 or 3 in the morning i would have a tired little girl and a grumpy daddy coming through the front door.
This was on the second day Nathan was happy to see his daddy and his sister too!and I was missing them pretty bad too.
The kids had a great time playing in the trees even nate was in there getting dirty and having a great time, I have a feeling is is going to be one of those outdoorsy type of guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment