Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall

We have enjoyed our fall, the weather was great, which makes up for the rainy summer we had. Normally I am not a big fan of the fall, I dont like it when the weather gets cooler I am definately a summer lover. but this year we have made an effort to make it fun and enjoyable for the kids as well as for Dan and I.
Seems like the kids dont notice the cooler weather and are not bothered by the rain at all. Dahlia still doesnt want to wear a Jacket ever.
We took a little outing to Willowview farms, which Dahlia thinks is the apple barn since that is where we told her we were going, and then decided we did not want to pay to go there when we knew the other place was free. Maybe next year we will go to the apple barn, Dahlia will be older and appreciate all the other activities they have.
we had a lot of fun petting the goats and sheep. Nathan really liked the turkey he thought it was funny, I was worried it would peck at him. Nathan has no fear he just sticks his hands in the cages and touches all the animals. Dahlia was a tad more cautious.
we also had fun just playing in the abundance of leaves that we get in our back yard. lots of fun until its time to rake them up and get rid of them....where on earth do you put all those leaves???? we also carved pumpkins this year. Dahlia picked out her own and we even found a cute little one for nathan, unfortunately it didnt make it by the time we got around to carving them Nathans pumpkin had started rotting and left a nice pumkin juice puddle on the front entrance.hmmm nothing like the smell of rotten pumkin. blech
so that is why when you look at the pictures below you only see 3 pumpkins in our pumkin family. Dan had a great idea to use his drill. it worked really well. at first i thought it would be overkill but those things are hard to cut with a knife. so we ended up useing the drill for all of them.
well that is all and now im ready for fall to be over and Halloween to be over. I really hate halloween. never been a big fan of it. I dont like scary things. and now that I am a mother I hate it even more. I just cant understand how such ugly things have to be part of a holiday that is soposed to be fun for kids... I dont think disturbing kids is fun. o well. one more day and then all the christmas stuff will be out! I can handle that. I am also not a big fan of all the commercialism that goes along with Christmas. but at least it wont give my kids nightmares.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I went to Willowview farms today to buy cider and it was totally cleared out. All that is left is the little store to sell apples and stuff like that.
Yuck, two of our little pumpkins rotted too. Gross pumpkin juice all over our mantle.