Thursday, September 14, 2006

Long Week

I dont know about the rest of you but this week seems to be taking forever! its only thursday!!!!! I feel like it should be saturday or something. I havent been feeling all that well this week. Luckily Dahlia is back to her happy self so that makes it alot easier. When she is in a good mood she is very easy going. I think we will go shopping this afternoon after her nap. I need to do something fun.
Yesterday was a nice break from the everyday, a few of the girls from the Deli came over to visit. It was so nice to talk to them and hear a few complaints about work and hear about whats going on in their lives. It felt like old times when we used to chat every chance we got in between customers....I dont think any of us went to work cuz we enjoyed slicing meat and serving grumpy customers, we showed up for work each day cuz we knew we could talk and vent.... boy did we vent!!!! Its good therapy though, none of us ever needed to see a psychiatrist cuz we had eachother, maybe we didnt give good advice but it was fun.
That is the only thing I miss about Slave on foods....I miss the girls and the fun talks and silly jokes and things we always did. Its pretty fun when we can leave peices of headcheese around because it looks like rubber vomit.... and cryovac our mangers apron while he was on break remember that Tina? oh those silly times...
Dahlia is growing up so fast too, it breaks my heart everytime I go through her clothes and realize she has outgrown somethings and will never wear them again.
Her birthday is coming up next week. That should be fun. I am looking forward to watching her eat her first cupcake....Im going to make cupcakes for her birthday. It will be fun to try and get her to open her presents, Im sure by next year she will be tearing them open herself.
and we have a few surprises in store as well. I think it will be a fun day.
hopefully this long long week will end soon so we can get on with next week.
I guess i shouldnt be in such a hurry to pass the time though... that only means we will all be a little older.
well anyways... thats all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind of surprises???