Saturday, October 28, 2006

I Love my Blankie

Dahlia and her blankie are quite inseperable these days, she loves it so much and she is very protective of it. I am wondering how many other people have kids who have a favorite blanket and I am also wonder who had a favorite when they were younger. When I was little I had my elephant blanket, I loved it and I would play with my imaginary friend....and fight with my imaginary enemy on my blanket... (I was an only child until i was 12 ) Im not really sure what happend to that blanket... I think I disowned it after it sat in my grandparents basement for a while and my uncles would sit down there and use it to keep warm while watching hockey... Im sure it smelled funny after that.
Dan Had a special blanket too. His parents still have it and Dahlia gets to use it when she goes over to their house.




10 comments:

carolyn and steve said...

I still have my two favourite blankets from when i was a baby. My baby blanket is now a curtain to hide boxes in our house. The other one is deemed to ugly to display and sits buried in our closet.
-Steve-

Anonymous said...

I didn't have a special blanket... but I had a special bear. I still have him. He still sits on our bed... and sometimes I would find him on the floor in the morning. I think Brian was jealous:)

All 4 of our kids have had special blankets. 3 of them still sleep with them... though I won't say which 3:)

Matthew's special blanket is on it's very last leg. It can only be hand-washed. He used to bite it for comfort. Needless to say, it was washed more than it should have been. I am thankful that he doesn't chew on it like that anymore. I think he realizes that if he continues to do that he won't have it anymore.

We made sure when Alexandra got attached to a blankie that it would be one that could washed, numerous times. She also has a special teddy and today I saw her chewing on it! Poor bear! He's the bear that she "tackles" too!

Bekah said...

Quin and Malachi have their ni-nights (baby blanket size). They have booth had to be made over with new backings and new insides, and M's now has some new front quilt squares too. Rowan was attached to his soother and his Pooh Bear. He fave the bear to Malachi when he was born, and the sucky got taken away when he turned 2. Q and M still sleep with their favourite corner of their blankets in hand with thumb in mouth.

erwerwerewrwer said...

No I never had a blankey. But my Step-Dad bought me a mini-computer when I was 8 and it was my fav. toy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that last comment is suppose to say this:

Demara says: No I never had a blankey. But my Step-Dad bought me a mini-computer when I was 8 and it was my fav. toy.

haha~ I didn't realize that Jeff was still signed into his gmail account, oops.

that's us... said...

blankets and me were inseperable when i was little- until my brother burned one of mine! (dan you can ask jonathan about that one!) but i still have one and it's added to the pile of brook's blankets here- she has one blanket that's her FAVE and she holds it and picks all the little fuzzies off it.
fun question mandy- takes me back!
teresa:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughts/comment Mandy, you know I am always thankful to hear your ideas.

Julie said...

Funny thing that Hannah has no favourites... Well I guess she is pretty attached to her soothers but only at night and nap time. I kinda wish she had a favourite blanket cause I want to get her off the soother. Oh well, if its not one thing its another!

Anonymous said...

Actions and Mood:
*jumping* *hyper* *arms up* *bored*
Words:
Where? Where? Where is the new post? I want to see something NEW!!!Please! Please! Pretty Please!

Anonymous said...

ggkeeley

An interesting fact from Dahlia's one year old party:

There were three great grandmas, one great grandpa, two grandmas, one grandpa, two aunts and one uncle at Dahlia's first birthday party.