Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Whats New?!

We put our christmas tree up last week. it was fun... but our decorations were in the attic and some of the boxes were pushed so far back they were hard to get to, when we opened the box with our tree we realized the stand was not with it... it was in one of those boxes in back... it was an interesting sight Dan and I trying to get those boxes, we didnt have the right size ladder so I climbed up on his shoulders and he shoved me up in the attic to get that box good thing I havent gained that much weight yet!
This is my favorite Christmas decoration. I made it about two years ago. I really wanted a nativity scene but couldnt afford those beautiful fancy ones... so I thought i would make one out of Fimo they look a little wonky but I am pretty proud of them, and Dahlia loves to look at it... not quite kid friendly though... I denfinately want to find one that the little ones can play with.


Dan says that the sheep look like those serta mattress sheep... I guess they do.. i think they are pretty funny looking.

Dahlia has joined the little walkie talkies club.... I have been waiting for her to gather up the courage to take some steps on her own. She is a very cautious girl. but the last couple of weeks she has been walking around and falling alot but she is okay with it. she loves walking around with her favorite teddy bear.




The Schulz's were visiting us and Dahlia was showing Anna a few things about her exersaucer, Dahlia really likes Anna, I think they will be good friends as they get older. She can even say Anna's name. They are so cute together.
Well thats all thats been going on in our house lately.... I feel a little better these days , pregnancy has made me quite emotional... I tried baking the other day... it ended in flying cookie crumbs some bad words uttered and some tears and a little bit of chocolate to make me feel better. Im not sure if im going to bake this year, maybe its not safe.
Hope you all have a hapy time at Christmas!




2 comments:

Demara said...

I love your nativity scene I think it's perfect. You defiantly captured the exact look and feel of a nativity scene I think. And Dahlia is so tall now...scary! I think she's up to my belly button, yikes, and she just started walking! Haha :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy
There is a Little People Nativity at Sears, it is on their web-site. It would be safe for Dahlia to play with!
Chrissy's sis, Ang