Dahlia had a lot of fun the next morning after all our Christmas celebrations, playing with her new toys. She got majorly spoiled! I put most of her old toys away so she wouldn't feel to overwhelmed... I had to keep out a few of her favorites though, her teddy bear and her baby... there are no new toys that can replace those ones! but she had a lot of fun with this leap frog fridge magnet toy she figured out how to put in the new letters so the frog would sing a different song.
our turkey spent the night in a canning pot brineing in sea salt water over night in the trunk of my car.... that was the coldest place we could find.
the turkey turned out wonderful it was soooooooo juicy and flavorful we stuffed it with herbs and vegtables while it was cooking so all the flavors of the veggies were infused into the turkey. so good! Dan pretty much got the whole turkey ready and cut up all the veggies and I brought it over to my parents house and popped it in the oven. we also had bbq veggie scewers Dan is one of those people who loves to bbq year round. they were also good!
So after my Christmas rant i posted a while ago, I have thought of a few things.
I may not like all the commercialism and greediness that seems to go along with this season, but I have realized the meaning of Christmas has not been lost and wont be lost. We have been celebrating the birth of Christ for thousands of years, for thousands of years the same story has been passed down to each generation. God makes sure that the birth of His Son will never be forgotten and will never be for nothing. and there are things we do like our traditions of getting together as families and friends and even exchanging gifts, showing our love for one another like Christ has shown His love for us, all these things that we do whether we realize it or not is honoring to Christ. I do believe every year more people realize what christmas is all about. even if it seems like every year the meaning gets lost among the shopping and the wanting of things. God is much more powerful than I gave credit before. I do believe we will never forget Christ. We will eventually all realize this incredible gift we have been given! I will continue to strive for my family, my kids to learn about Jesus, and keep on passing down the story of Mary and Joseph and the Birth of Jesus, to each generation.
Hope you all had a Blessed Christmas, and May your New year bring much Joy!!!
5 comments:
I love your reflections on Christmas. You are so right... God is far more powerful than we give Him credit for.
Thanks for the reminder!
Very neat that the turkey turned out and yes those slippers look familiar. Haha :)
Merry Christmas Friends! Isn't Christmas with little ones so much fun! Happiest of New Years!
shonee
Hi Mandy,
Last night I noticed the link to Atari games on the sidebar... and I am hooked! I was even dreaming about Scrabble.
Thanks... I think!!
I hope everything's ok because you are 2 days late in posting...and that is so true that God defiantly does not let us forget that He gave us HIS SON.
In my worry I will pray...
Lord, comfort Mandy right now, give her and her little peanut inside strength to get through this pregnancy. I pray that Holy Spirit you would empower the little one to spring forth unto your glory and unto this family of his AMEN.
Post a Comment