Sunday, January 07, 2007

Please pray for us

I wanted to post this because I think the more people that know then the more people can pray. Dan and I are going through somthing very difficult right now.
and we havent had a chance to tell all of our friends yet.
Our pregnancy is not going very well, and on thursday we spent the day at the bc womens hospital, and recieved no good news! my heart is very broken right now.
basically what is happening is that there is very low amniotic fluid and the baby is quite behind in its growth. it has grown a little bit since my last ultrasound but it is about the size of a 21 week baby not a 24 week baby, if it was the size of a 24 week baby they said they could take it out. but it wont live at this point. and they are not sure it will live at all. there may be an extra chromosome wich is keeping its kidneys and lungs from functioning properly which could be why there is hardly any fluid. or it could be that the placenta is not working from the ultrasound they cant see anything wrong with the placenta but they are not sure.
we decided that we are going to get an amniosentisis done to find out if it does have a chromosome problem. we are getting an ultra sound on wed. it might change things if we get the chromosome test done though.
but anyways... right now we are praying like crazy for a miracle. we have heard many stories of babies making it through when the dr's said they wouldnt so we are hoping we will be one of those .
prayer is very welcome.

15 comments:

Anika Lacerte | The Handcrafted Story said...

Will be praying with you.
Anika

carolyn and steve said...

We are praying too. Our prayers and thoughts are with you guys.
-Carolyn,Steve,Anna-

Anonymous said...

God does still do miracles, and we all will be praying for you. If there is anything you need, like babysitting, or anything else I would be more than happy to help out.
Alice Yewell

Marianne said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you
Marianne

Anonymous said...

God is ALL POWERFUL!!!

And I am praying.

Anonymous said...

Dan & Mandy,
You and the little one are in our prayers. God is good keep trusting! 1 Cor 10:13.
Love Chrissy & Jim

Kathy said...

Each day He carries us in His arms. I'm praying for you.
Kathy

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

i'm very sorry to hear that your little peanut's growth is not right where the doctors figure it should be. when is your amniocentesis? did they see anything wrong in the ultrasound other than the fluid levels and a smaller than expected baby? alvin and i were troubled to hear this news, and hoping for a healthy baby for you. we'll be praying for you -- for peace during this time of unrest and unknowing.
-de

sct said...

Hey guys,
I'm praying for you right now, asking our mightly Lord for healing and complete restoration of your child...
Scott

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your family at this difficult time.

Andrea

that's us... said...

we are praying for you-thank you for sharing so we can specifically pray for you little baby and you all.

Russ and Jolene said...

we're thinking of you and praying for you and your little one

Bekah said...

Oh Mandy and Dan, We will keep you in our prayers too. I'm so sorry about this news. Keep us updated, ok?

Aimee said...

We are praying too. The other night we were singing with the kids - He's got the whole world in his hands -- we sang, "He's got little baby Keeley in his hands".
May you know God as the one who holds you together in uncertain times.

love, Aimee and Lance Odegard

Anonymous said...

My friends!
I am heartbroken that I have not read this earlier! You and your sweet baby are all in my prayers
I love and pray for you all
shonee