Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter




Dahlia and I made some easter cookies the other day..... well she watched for a while and decided she had better things to do. but she really enjoyed tasting the icing!
I love making sugar cookies... I find it more of an art project than a baking project... decorating them is quite time consuming but fun.
Unfortunatly my mixer decided it just couldnt beat that royal icing one second more.... luckily i was done mixing it but my mixer is dead now. how sad. I was pointing out a lovely Kitchen aid mixer to Dan the other day it was on sale and everything but I decided I didnt need one yet. oh the irony!!!
owell...some day i will own the kitchen aid mixer of my dreams... until then I guess there will be no more cookies. Sorry Dan.
Dahllia also enjoys standing by the sink and playing with soap bubbles while I make dinner.
Its a lot better than the usual whining at my feet, so I fill up the sink with bubbles and give her some wooden spoons and other fun kitchen gadgets and she "cooks" too.
Hope Everyone has a Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Demara said...

That is so smart Mandy!!! That is that you fill the sink up with bubbles and make it so that Dahlia cooks too!!! LOVE IT!

So wow Nathaniel is almost here hey??? The anticipation...so fun!

Demara said...

OH ya and Happy Easter to you and Dahlia and Dan too!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog today. I appreciate your honesty too. The older I get... the less I feel like I know. I once read a book called, "I Used to Have Answers, Now I Have Kids!" How true that statement is. It's a hilarious book if you ever get the chance to read it. It's a bunch of short little blurbs about parenting. I felt a bit more "normal" after reading it.

I am still marveling at your cookies. They truly are a work of art!! I wonder how you managed to eat them? Or have you? Do you need help?

Julie said...

Those cookies look amazing. Almost don't want to eat something so pretty...almost.

Bekah said...

Wow great job! You're so creative! My attemp at easter cookies were those pilsbury ones out of the box!! Way to go!