
Yesterday we said good-bye to our smelly, yet loveable friend Jake.
He is now living with a lovely family who owns a potato farm, and they have 4 boys between the ages of 10 and 16. I think they might be able to keep up with Jake. He has alot of energy! and requires a lot of love and attention... a little more than we were able to give.
Dan and i decided it would be better for us and the dog to send him off.
When we are done having kids and they are a little older then we might try having a dog but for now we are happy with our little munchkin and no barking or shedding or stinky dog breath or being smothered by doggy love. I felt kind of bad at first, maybe its tramatizing for the dog to be moved around so much maybe he will feel rejected, but now I dont feel so bad because he really will be happier and we were pretty careful who we gave him to. I think were just not pet people. we tried to have fish when we first got married... they all died one even committed suicide. others were just unfortunate victims of our laziness.
Dan and I did enjoy the hamster that we baby sat for my sister. it was pretty funny seeing him hold this little fluffy thing in his big hand calling him "buddy" and offering him salad. Maybe we'll get a hamster! later like when Dahlia is old enough to want a pet.
well anyways... we will miss Jake..... hmmm no we wont. hope he has found his permanent home though.
4 comments:
Well, I am very glad to hear that you are going to be having more kids!!! We decided that we might do the dog thing when we are grandparents. It's hard to take care of something that needs so much attention. Especially when you are spending all of your energy on little ones. Looking forward to hearing news of new additions to your family!!!
thanks for the offer D but dan and i like cats about as much as we like root canals :P they would be much happier and safer NOT at our house.
Oh yes and mandy we do plan on having more kids ONE DAY . just thought i should clarify we have a few friends who like to jump to conclusions :)
re more kids: take your time... take your time... as soon as you and julie have anoher, i fear i might get the itch. and i don't want the itch. good thing my husband is quick to scratch any itches at first indication.
glad to hear of another cat hater. when our neighbours cat is on our driveway, we like to see how fast he can move out from under our tires. but they do keep the squirrels a little at bay.
-de
What do I need a cat for,,,,,It's not like I have to feed a dog anymore...
Post a Comment